By Vivien Stewart
In the twentieth century, the us used to be the realm chief in education—the first nation to accomplish common secondary schooling and the 1st to extend greater schooling past the elite type. Now different international locations are catching up and jumping ahead—in highschool commencement charges, within the caliber and fairness in their K–12 schooling platforms, and within the percentage of scholars graduating from collage. it's not that American schooling has gotten worse a lot that schooling in different elements of the area has gotten a lot larger, so fast.
Designed to advertise dialog approximately tips to teach scholars for a quickly altering and more and more without borderlines and innovation-based global, this accomplished and illuminating booklet from overseas schooling professional Vivien Stewart isn't approximately casting blame; it really is approximately knowing what the simplest institution structures on the earth are doing correct for the aim of making a choice on what U.S. schools—at the nationwide, nation, and native level—might do another way and higher. the following, you’ll consider
>br>* How the U.S. schooling method fares opposed to rising overseas criteria of excellence.
* The rules, practices, and priorities of the world’s best-performing platforms, besides particular principles for adapting those techniques for U.S. schools.
* the typical components attribute of high-performing and quickly enhancing systems.
* New types of twenty first century educating and management and how you can modernize curriculum, guide, and assessment.
* How know-how and foreign trade might help the USA shut functionality gaps and achieve new degrees of excellence and equity.
Learning is going either methods, Stewart writes. different nations have realized greatly from the U.S., and now it's time for American educators to open their eyes to different international locations’ globally-minded and future-focused practices, leverage current resources, and create a very world-class schooling approach for this new release of scholars and generations to come.
Read or Download A World-Class Education: Learning from International Models of Excellence and Innovation PDF
Similar college & university education books
How can faculties top arrange themselves to effectively train refugee childrens? through targeting the schooling of refugee young children, this ebook takes a unprecedented examine a subject matter of accelerating importance in present academic spheres. Highlighting the numerous problems dealing with refugee kids, the editors draw upon a wealth of foreign event and assets to provide a extensive, informative and delicate textual content.
Within the present ever altering international – the liquid modernity – the main urgent mental problem to we all is to create and hold a private stability among psychological balance and psychological flexibility. In Transformative studying and id Knud Illeris, one of many top thinkers at the manner humans study, explores, updates and re-defines the concept that and realizing of transformative studying whereas linking the idea that of transformative studying to the concept that of identification.
Konzipiert als studienorientierte Einführung, richtet sich der "Grundkurs Politikwissenschaft: Studium der politischen Systeme" in erster Linie an die Zielgruppe der Studienanfänger. Auf der Grundlage eines politikwissenschaftlichen Systemmodells werden alle wichtigen Bereiche eines politischen structures dargestellt.
This can be publication V within the sequence, study on schooling in Africa, the Caribbean and the center East. The sequence strives to inspire the presentation of proof dependent investigations utilizing info accrued on web site from the 3 international areas it considers. a powerful concentration is on information particular to a country or to a zone inside of a state, as we realize that international locations are different, frequently encompassing areas with detailed cultural and geographic features.
- Schaum's Outline of Pathophysiology (Schaum's Outlines)
- Closing the Poverty and Culture Gap: Strategies to Reach Every Student
- How College Affects Students: 21st Century Evidence that Higher Education Works: 3
- Wisdom, Knowledge, and the Postcolonial University in Thailand (Postcolonial Studies in Education)
- Top 10 Flashpoints in Student Ratings and the Evaluation of Teaching: What Faculty and Administrators Must Know to Protect Themselves in Employment Decisions
- Behind the Gate: Inventing Students in Beijing (Studies of the Weatherhead East Asian Institute, Columbia University)
Additional resources for A World-Class Education: Learning from International Models of Excellence and Innovation
A World-Class Education: Learning from International Models of Excellence and Innovation by Vivien Stewart